TVSR, a premier Scouting summer camp in New England is looking for Life Guards for the upcoming summer season. Have fun on the water this summer keeping campers safe and teaching classes!
Red Cross recognized Life Guard training provided for free!
- Ensures that all equipment is in safe working condition; conducts ongoing maintenance and repair; requests ranger assistance and replacement material as necessary
- Follows written weekly duty schedule, based on aquatics program and schedule, as dictated by the
- Follows the actions of the Aquatics Director including the following:
- Waterfront safety and procedures
- Personal fitness and knowledge of skills
- Instructional and recreational techniques
- Develop lesson plans for specific activities
- Ensures that swim classifications are conducted as described in the Aquatics Manual
- Ensures that adult leadership in every troop is trained in the Safe Swim Defense Plan
- Ensures that leadership is trained in the Safety Afloat Plan as necessary
- Maintains strict adherence to all safety rules and procedures for campers, staff, and adult leaders
- At end of camp, assist the Aquatics Director who ensures that the waterfront area and all equipment are put away according to Takedown Plan
- Any other duties assigned by the Reservation Director or Asst. Reservation Director
Apply by: July 21 2019
Camp/Organization: Treasure Valley Scout Reservation
Location: Rutland, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Be available for June 21 - August 10, 2019 commitment.
- Ability to visually and auditorily supervise campers in all aquatics areas.
- Ability to respond as needed to emergency situations likely to occur in any aquatics area
- Ability to perform CPR (Will be trained)
- Ability to physically demonstrate and teach aquatics skills.
- Ability to communicate with campers, leaders, and staff