The LIT Director is responsible for assisting the Youth Leadership Director in the planning & execution of programming for the Leader-In-Training program for 15-year-olds.
• Creates and maintains a safe, fun environment for Leaders In Training. Responsibly supervises LITs at all times.
• Leads by example in accordance with camp’s values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Provides a solid, positive role model for LITs to look up to.
• Organizes the daily programs from provided schedule and materials.
• Mentors LITs on an individual basis, providing mature and competent counsel to LITs.
• Interviews ten LITs once every two weeks.
• Maintains open communication with Youth Leadership Director as well as co-staff about LIT issues, concerns and activities. Attends staff meetings when possible.
• Leads large group discussions and activities. Conducts trainings on leadership and character development, as well as teambuilding workshops.
• Plans LIT show and Weekend Programming once ever 4 weeks, and coaches LITs towards taking leadership of theses activities.
• Leads an overnight camping trip to Vermont, which includes canoeing, hiking, and teambuilding.
• Leads a day trip to the beach trip.
• Provides competent and thorough written evaluations for ten LITs, as well as co-staff.
• Supports the Waterfront Director with Lifeguard Training.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the Roskin Leadership Lodge.
• Develops leaders mentally, physically and spiritually.
• Passionately advocates for teens.
• Assists with any other duties as assigned by the Youth Leadership Director.
Apply by: April 4 2015
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Woodstock (ACA Accredited)
Location: Woodstock Valley, CT
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $2,100 + room and board
The LIT Director must be…
• At least 20 years of age
• Able to lead by example, and maintain leadership in close-knit, intensive work environment
• Works well as a team with other directors
• Responsible and organized
• American Red Cross Lifeguard certification & Lifeguard Instructor Certification are a plus, but not required. (Training and certifications are available prior to start of position)
• Current U.S. Driver’s License a plus, but not required.