Kitchen Support staff to assist cook and assistant cook in meal prep, serving of meals, and maintaining a clean kitchen and dining hall
Apply by: June 30 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Resolute (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with camp staff
- Registered member of Boy Scouts of America
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds including unloading food, carry trays of dishes, lifting supplies and equipment as needed
- Visual ability to identify and respond to environmental hazards.
- Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe recommended methods
- Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing for long periods of time (60 minutes or more)
- Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area
- Knowledge of food preparation and serving, storage of food and dishwashing procedures.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
Salary based on 1st time staff, but consideration given to anyone with previous experience