FOOD SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR
Purpose: To supervise the kitchen; including staffing, planning menus, food preparation and cleaning.
Accountable to: the Operations Director
Salary range: 750- 1000 per week depend on experience.
Onsite room provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create a manual and staff training sessions for kitchen staff before camp starts.
2. Plan a 2 week rotating menu with healthy options within the assigned budget.
3. Organize a list of daily, weekly and monthly tasks for the kitchen staff.
4. Insure the sanitation of the kitchen throughout the daily production, as well as at the end of the day.
5. Supervise the kitchen staff: ensure that the dish room is sanitary at the end of the day; ensure that the back loading dock and dumpster area is clean and free from debris.
6. Work in a safe and friendly manner with all staff, following all established policies and procedures.
7. Schedule breaks and assign tasks to kitchen staff that is on duty during assigned shift.
8. Ensure that all support staff eat meals in a timely manner.
9. Report accidents and injuries and complete incident reports. Adhere to all first aid/rescue procedures.
10. Treat children with dignity and respect. Recognize their individuality and diversity.
11. Maintain a healthy and safe environment through regular maintenance and cleaning of the facilities.
12. Maintain the necessary records, including refrigeration logs, time cards, inventory sheets, invoices, etc.
13. Arrive on time and ready for the scheduled shift, prepared for constant concentration and attention to task.
14. Work in harmony and cooperation with the staff, volunteers and members of the YMCA.
15. Follow established crisis procedures.
16. Demonstrate and teach the character development program values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty. Set a good example for campers and other staff.
Apply by: June 1 2017
Camp/Organization: YMCA of Greater Providence/Camp Fuller (ACA Accredited)
Location: South Kingstown, RI
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School (GED) preferred. Formal training or two or more years experience working in a food service setting preferred. Organizational and supervision skills or experience preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Responsible for minor decisions regarding routine problems where precedents have been established.
- May occasionally use judgment in selecting an operating routine from among established procedures or available alternatives.
2. CONCENTRATION: Requires normal attention and alertness with occasional concentration.
3. HUMAN RELATIONS SKILLS:
- Basic, ordinary courtesy and effectiveness in dealing with others.
- The position will have a few or moderate number of interdepartmental or external contacts on routine matters.
4. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The position has exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and the incumbent should be educated and prepared on same.
South Kingstown, Rhode Island