Employment dates approximately June 18, 2020 - August 23, 2020. Please apply early, positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Our kitchen is run by 1-2 Camp Chefs, with 3-4 kitchen assistants, all supervised by the Camp Directors. Together, they serve three meals each day for up to 250 campers and staff, typically served in our Dining Hall or outdoors as a cookout. Kitchen Assistants are provided onsite housing.
Kitchen Assistant Job Functions
- Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service, including food preparation, cooking, and managing the buffet lines.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including dishwashing and sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen and dining hall.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the camp dining hall, and in receiving orders from our food supplier.
- Prioritize food safety and allergen safety.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Chef and/or Directors.
Equipment used includes food preparation and cooking equipment, both manual and mechanical, and cleaning and dishwashing supplies and equipment.
Apply by: February 29 2020
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Experience in professional food service preferred, especially food preparation and dishwashing.
- SafeServ certificate or recognized equivalent preferred.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours.
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum age 17. 18+ preferred.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Current certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during training.
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. The Admin will receive one 12-hour day off during Traditions training week, and one 24-hour day off during camper weeks 2-7. There are no days off during camper weeks 1 or 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.