Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
At Quinebarge, we have three types of staff: counselors, support staff, and senior staff. Counselors work directly with campers at activities and in cabins. Senior staff support and supervise counselors and support staff. Kitchen staff fall under the category of support staff. While working directly with campers is not their main role, support staff perform integral duties that keep Camp running smoothly, and play a vital role in the camper experience.
Our kitchen is run by 1-2 Camp Chefs, with 3-4 kitchen assistants, all supervised by the Camp Directors. Together, they serve three meals each day for up to 250 campers and staff, typically served in our Dining Hall or outdoors as a cookout. Kitchen Assistants are provided onsite housing.
Kitchen Assistant Job Functions
● Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service, including food preparation, cooking, and managing the buffet lines.
● Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including dishwashing and sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen and dining hall.
● Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the camp dining hall, and in receiving orders from our food supplier.
● Prioritize food safety and allergen safety.
● Other duties as assigned by the Camp Chef and/or Directors. Equipment used includes food preparation and cooking equipment, both manual and mechanical, and cleaning and dishwashing supplies and equipment.
Apply by: June 1 2020
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Qualifications and Abilities
● Experience in professional food service preferred, especially food preparation and dishwashing.
● SafeServ certificate or recognized equivalent preferred.
● Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
○ Work long hours. ○ Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
○ Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
○ Lift 50 pounds.
● Minimum age 17. 18+ preferred.
● Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
● Current certification in CPR, AED, and First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during training.
● Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Salary and Benefits Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Kitchen staff get one 12-hour day off during Traditions training, and one 24-hour day off per week thereafter, except during camper week 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.