Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Our kitchen is run by a Head Cook, with 3-4 kitchen assistants, all supervised by the Facilities Director. Together, they serve three meals each day to campers and staff, typically served in our Dining Hall or outdoors as a cookout.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the daily operations of the camp food service, including food preparation.
- Assist in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including dishwashing and sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the kitchen and dining hall.
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside the camp dining hall, and in receiving orders from our food supplier.
- Other duties as assigned by the cook, Facilities Director, or Camp Director
Equipment used includes food preparation and cooking equipment, both manual and mechanical, and cleaning and dishwashing supplies and equipment.
Salary and Benefits
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, free camper tuition, camp t-shirts and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
Being a staff member at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: May 31 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Kitchen Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Experience in professional food service preferred, especially food preparation and dishwashing
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Working long hours
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift 50 pounds
- 18 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License preferred
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training
Position runs from approximately June 16 to August 19, 2018. Please contact Co-Directors Liz Schwartzer and Nick Hercules for more details.