- Oversee Junior Camp
- Oversee CIT Program
- Evaluate / Support counselors in Junior Camp
- Meet with CITs 1 hour each day and do a lesson
- Coordinate mentor program for CITs
- Oversee evaluations of CITs
- Meet 1 on 1 with CITs each week to discuss evaluations
- Do nightly walk-though of cabin areas when on camp
- With head counselor, evaluate staff twice a summer of cabin responsibilities and meet 1 on 1 with them to discuss
- Support discipline matters with campers/counselors in junior camp
- Attend all LT morning meetings
- Hand in all accident reports to the Executive Director
- Notify Summer Camp Director of all matters that need attention in Junior Camp
- Using support materials from camp office, host Sunday morning Unit PD that addresses leading/child care concerns from the previous week.
- Host weekly staff meeting with staff to address concerns and offer special praise as needed.
- Do night duty once a week.
- One weekend duty with campers
- One weekend duty without campers
- Support Summer Camp Director with Evening Program and Thursday Big Events
- Organize H votes during the week and pick who will give out each award to the camper that won
- Organize band concert stations & band concert t-shirts
Apply by: June 15 2016
Camp/Organization: 4-H Camp Middlesex (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
21 or older and a college graduate in a field relating to camping or teaching.
Experience working with children in a leadership setting. Preferred experience working in a camp environment as a counselor or leader.