Well-established riding program within a progressive Maine camp. Join a group of 12 devoted, energetic horse people and care for 20 healthy horses, teaching children ages 8-14 English riding, vaulting and other practices. Activities take place in three spacious rings, open fields and and miles of forested trails.
Make an impact on children’s lives, enjoy Maine's outdoors, and embrace the challenges of working and living in a community of talented children and adults. For years, HVC staff have expressed themselves like this... "I feel like I grew as a teacher and counselor. I think that my skills in counseling grew tremendously as a result of working with young people."
Skills you'll use and hone every day:
- Teaching your specialty
- Leadership — in small and large groups
- Teamwork and team building
- Problem solving and decision making
- Understanding learning styles
And summer life at HVC has so many benefits!
- Inspire young people and teach them new skills
- Make a difference in children's lives
- Explore the woods, ocean and small villages of midcoast
- Maine Have fun!
- Be silly!
- Be yourself with other like-minded people from around the world
- Internships available, competitive salaries, splendid varied meal choices, and more.
Apply for employment now, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Web site.
Apply by: December 30 2019
Camp/Organization: Hidden Valley Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Freedom, ME
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Intermediate to advanced riding abilities... Experience working with children... Prior experience instructing and/or instructor certifications preferred... And if you enjoy horses and community life, a summer at HVC is for you!