Responsibilities Under the guidance of a head nurse, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Basic first-aid and assessment skills
● Clinical documentation
● Good communication skills with campers, camp staff, and medical providers
● Organized and able to follow delegated tasks
● On-call overnight requirements to assist with sick campers in the infirmary
Apply by: March 10 2019
Camp/Organization: Aloha, Hive, Lanakila - Aloha Foundation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Fairlee, Vermont
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
● Will live and work at the camp for duration of summer, including certification week, pre-camp, and closing post-camp for a total of 9 weeks between the dates of June 9 and August 15, 2019.
○ Coverage and on-call schedule accommodates 6 days off across certification week and the summer months.
○ Room and board plus competitive salary
○ Tuition benefits for children, with eligible application to our scholarship program
● Ideal candidate is a health science student (nursing, PA, pre-med, EMT, etc.) or individual interested in health sciences or public health. Nursing students who are rising seniors are preferred.
● Clinical experience preferred
● You will be trained in first aid, basic assessment, and documentation skills prior to camp session
● The ideal candidate will be 21 years of age, though candidates over 18 years old may be considered
● Comfortable living and working in a 7-week sleep away camp setting, including being an active participant in the camp community
● Hard-working, enthusiastic, and committed to the safety and well-being of campers and staff
● Friendly, with a good sense of humor, because sometimes you just gotta laugh!
The Health House Assistant is an employee of The Aloha Foundation, assigned to work primarily at one of our summer camps (Aloha, Aloha Hive, Lanakila). While the Health House Assistants have a “home camp”, the schedules will include work at all of the health houses. The Health House Assistant is responsible for assisting with the safe operation and overall health of the summer camp community at all of our programs. For the full job description and to apply, please fill out our Support Staff Application: https://alohafoundation.org/employment/ If available, please upload a resume and any current certifications.