General Responsibilities to the Company:
- Display a consistent positive attitude towards clients and fellow staff.
- Create and maintain a reputation for credibility, integrity and fairness.
- Uphold the Core Values of HALE RESERVATION, INC.
- Coordinate Wellness/Health Center Services
- Specific Responsibilities:
1. Manage health forms and related paperwork for Agency Camps, Hale Outdoor Learning Adventures (HOLA) and Hale Day Camp, including pre-camp review of forms.
2. Manage medicine storage and distribution as outlined in Board of Health Regulations and American Camping Association Standards.
3. Establish schedule for visiting camps further away from Wellness/Health Center.
4. Provide first aid service for campers and staff.
5. Document all services as specified in Board of Health Regulations and American Camping Association Standards.
6. Communicate with Board of Health as necessary.
7. Stock and maintain stock for:
a. Wellness/Health Center
b. North Beach First Aid Kit
c. Boating First Aid Kit
d. Ropes Course First Aid Kit
e. Hale Day Camp First Aid Kits
Implement Health Plan as outlined by Consulting Physician Specific Responsibilities:
1. Work cooperatively with Director of Operations to create annual Health Plan.
2. Communicate with Consulting Physician regarding plan and details.
3. Carry out procedures for medicine distribution, first aid and emergencies as outlined in Health Plan.
4. Contact Consulting Physician for medical advice (only if necessary) and when changes must be made to Health Plan.
General Responsibility: Be an active and productive member of the staff providing services to our Agency Camps and Hale Day Camp.
Apply by: August 3 2015
Camp/Organization: Hale Reservation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Westwood, MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
1. Arrive at camp no later than 8:45 am.
2. Participate in staff orientation for all camps.
3. Develop ongoing “in-service” programs for Agency Camp staff and campers.
4. Abide by procedures as outlined in the staff manual.
5. Follow rules and regulations pertaining to smoking, alcohol, and drug use.
6. Encourage respect of personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
7. Write, disseminate, and submit all required reports (inventories, certificates, evaluations, special activities...) on time.
8. Maintain good public relations with campers, parents, and guardians.
9. Conduct necessary end of season inventories and equipment storage.
10. Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and programs for following seasons.
Note: These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required.
- Minimum age - 21 years old
- EMT, Wilderness EMT or Registered Nurse Certification
- Experience in camp settings or working with children
- Experience with various medical emergencies and situations
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in an outdoor camp setting
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
Essential Functions: Able to observe, listen to, evaluate and act upon safety concerns related to a large camp operation Able to easily access all areas of Hale Reservation by foot Able to appropriately address camper and parent issues in person and on the phone Able to physically complete all tasks necessary to carry out basic first aid