Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the Health Care Manager, assist in providing health care and first aid services to meet the needs of camp staff and campers.
- Assist with daily medication management.
- Help supervise and care for people admitted to the Health Center for care.
- Provide CPR and First Aid coverage as needed at designated times and locations.
- Provide direct care to staff within the scope of their skills, the camp’s health care manual, and treatment procedures.
- Monitor and assist in maintaining health and safety practices while working in other areas throughout camp.
- Prepare athletic areas and waterfront with adequate water, sunscreen, and other prevention materials.
- Assist in ensuring campers wash before entering the dining area.
- Work with other staff to minimize/eliminate health and safety risks
Apply by: March 3 2020
Camp/Organization: Buckingham Browne & Nichols Summer Camp
Location: 80 Gerry's Landing Road Cambridge MA
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $30 per hour
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience)
- Current first aid certification. Advanced levels may be required depending on the camps location and distance from emergency services as well as other medical personnel available on site.
- Current CPR certification.
- Experience in first aid and emergency management services.
- Driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care.
- Desire to work with the camp’s target population.
- Community health knowledge.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to lift/assist campers and staff.
- Ability to read and follow directions on medication labels, health forms, physician orders, and parent letters.
- Ability to use a telephone.
- Ability to maintain written record system.
- Ability to quickly get to remote locations on camp property over uneven terrain.
- Ability to observe and assess sanitation and safety conditions of the camp.
- Exhibit endurance to meet emergency needs.
May accompany campers to off-site pool location