Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We are recruiting for our residential camp, Camp Favorite, located on beautiful Cape Cod!
Ideal candidate will be able to stay on-site at camp.
Purpose: To oversee the general health and safety of all campers and staff and give care within certification guidelines.
- Cares for the physical well-being of everyone in camp, taking care of all cases of illness and accidents to campers and staff following GSEM treatment procedures. Utilizes the standing orders of a licensed physician and calls the doctor when treatment procedures require a physician or the medical needs of the person require a higher level of care or facility.
- Check individual health forms, medications, and other medical and dietary concerns of incoming campers and staff. Notifies unit staff or camp administration of relevant health concerns or health conditions which should be closely monitored.
- Maintains appropriate communication with campers’ guardians either by phone, in person, or through written documents to inform camper’s families about any extended stays in the infirmary, or medical concerns that may require follow up, or higher medical care.
- Prepares, re -stocks, and supervises all camp first aid kits including those in units, the waterfront, for off-camp trips and other specialty camp program areas.
- Supervises sanitary conditions in camp through regular visits to units, kitchen, trash areas and all restrooms. Inform appropriate staff of any sites deemed unsanitary or requiring maintenance.
- Gives instruction in health and safety and first aid to staff and campers as requested and when deemed appropriate.
- Works with Camp Director to maintain a schedule for the health center, medication distribution and other duties as assigned.
- Manages the camp health center including administering medication to campers and staff, treating medical needs within level of training, reporting all treatments, while following state and American Camp Association regulations and best practices.
- Reports any injuries or illnesses of campers or staff to the Camp Director
- Participates in the general camp program when requested.
- Participates in pre-camp training, and assists in the opening and closing of camp.
- Maintains health records, certificates, records of treatment, medication logs, and other health information in an organized, up to date and confidential manner.
- Modeling proper behaviors and practices to promote the health and safety of all campers and staff.
- Assist in camp cleanliness, cares for camp property and equipment, asks for materials when needed, and reports any camp repairs in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 4 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Favorite- Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: Health Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Registered Nurse in with a license in the state of the camp’s location
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 7-17 in the outdoors
- At least 21 years of age by June
- Current drivers license
- Familiar with Girl Scout program.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self control
- Ability to work within the camp environment.
- Acceptance of all people and ability to work with girls and adults of various races, religions, and national origins.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance from peers
Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use a computer, drive an automobile, play games with campers, and talk or hear. • Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful. • Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 pounds on a regular basis. Work Environment: The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather. • Work will be during daytime, evening, and overnight hours. EOE