The Head of Waterfront is responsible for:
- supervising lifeguards including skill verification, monitoring attendance and performance at swims, and running periodic “missing” swimmer drills
- running twice daily free swimming sessions, occasional morning and evening dips and an afternoon staff swim
- teaching swim classes
- maintaining a safe waterfront that follows the policies and procedures as outlined.
Apply by emailing Ellen Flight, Director at email@example.com
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Songadeewin of Keewaydin for girls (ACA Accredited)
Location: Salisbury, VT
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Highly competative
- This is a residential position, but does not require living with campers
- Be available from June 15 to August 19
We are looking for a highly responsible person who:
- is over 21 with current life guard certification for waterfronts
- has previous experience with supervision
- has life guarding experience on a waterfront
- enjoys working with children, youth and college-age counselors
Should have, or be able to get, a motor boat operators license (VT has an online course)
Clean driving record and experience or willingness learn to drive a 15-passenger van.
Attending Waterfront Leadership School, May 28 - June 2, 2017 is highly desirable if one doesn't already have a waterfront management certificate
We are a girls' residential camp specializing in wilderness canoe tripping with a full in-camp programs.