- Supervise, schedule and evaluate the Landsports staff, including weekly landsports department meetings
- Demonstrate and conduct “hands-on” workshops during staff training week - how to teach and to give instructions in all landsports electives, general athletics using drills/skills/practice model, and how to engage campers in land sports
- Plan, implement and evaluate skill-based landsports’ curricula for campers ages 8 to 15, reflecting team and individual electives and general athletic offerings, and introduction to new and innovative offerings
- Manage special landsports events including inter-camp competition and tournaments including try-outs, logistics for inter-camp and tournaments, referees, invitations, guidance for athletic staff coaches
- Color War including orchestration of break, schedule, selection of captains, etc.
- Open, clean, organize and close landsports department(s) including
- Order landsports supplies, and equipment with the Director and/or Program Directors approval
- Maintain all inventory and submit inventory of remaining materials at the end of the season
- Maintain the equipment in working order, report to Program Director or Director when equipment requires repair
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Prepare end of season report to use as planning document for the next season
- Attend evening activities to assist with supervision
- Chaperone camp trips, when called upon
- Take office and Super OD on a rotating basis
- Other administrative duties as required by the Director or Program Director
Apply by: June 5 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Tevya, member of the Cohen Family of Camps (ACA Accredited)
Location: Brookline, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Based on education and experience
Proven experiences and skills to develop, prepare, and organize skilled-based landsports programs including preparation of a landsports instruction document. Bachelor degree in education, physical education, sports management, recreation, or leisure studies preferred.
1-3 years experience directing, supervising, developing, and organizing a landsport programs at a day or residential camp, or in an informal environment, i.e., an community center, after-school program.
Will consider candidates who wish to be part of the day staff.