At both Camp Tel Noar, and Camp Tevya, this position oversees, supervises, and coordinates the athletic staff and programs including all elective and bunk athletic periods, inter-camp competition, and Color War competition; opens and closes athletic department including inventory reports, purchase requests, and repair logs.
Apply by: December 13 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Tel Noar, and Camp Tevya (ACA Accredited)
Location: Hampstead, NH, and Brookline, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: Based on education, experience, and child(ren) attending camp
- To supervise, schedule and evaluate athletic staff, including weekly athletic department meetings
- To demonstrate, and to conduct “hands-on” workshops during staff training week including how to teach and to give instructions in all athletic electives and general athletics using drills/skills/practice model, how to engage campers in athletics
- To plan, implement and evaluate skill-based athletics curricula for campers ages 8 to 15, reflecting team and individual electives and general athletic offerings, and introduction to new and innovative offerings
- To manage special athletics events: inter-camp competition and tournaments including try-outs, logistics for inter-camp, and tournaments, referees, invitations, guidance for athletic staff coaches
- Color War including orchestration of break, schedule, selection of captains, etc
- To open, clean, organize and close landsports department(s) including:
- To attend weekly department meetings
- To prepare end of season report to use as planning document for the next season
- To attend evening activities to assist with supervision
- To chaperone camp trips, when called upon
- To take office and Super OD on a rotating basis
- Other administrative duties as required by the Director or Program Director
- One to 3 years experience supervising, directing and organizing an athletic program preferably at a residential camp and/or working with children in a formal or informal environment.
- Proven experiences/skills to develop/prepare, organize skilled-based athletics programs including preparation of a athletics instructional guide.
Competitive compensation, room and board, worker’s compensation coverage, weekly day off, assistance towards camper tuition(s).