Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and grow, and make friendships that last a lifetime. At Quinebarge, counselors lead program activities as well as live in and supervise their assigned cabin of 4-8 campers. During activity periods, counselors are responsible for their activity areas and for the group of campers assigned for that hour; most other times, they are with their cabin.
Head Counselors, one male and one female, work together to oversee the cabin areas, and the program activities. The position entails spending time with cabin groups, ensuring that they bond and create lasting memories and friendships. Further duties include activity supervision, CIT Program leadership, and working to create amazing special events for the entire camp community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deliver a fun program to campers and CITs.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
- Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
- Supervise and evaluate Counselors to develop and implement all facets of camp program activities
- Develop and implement schedules and records for all areas of camp program and facilities.
- Assist with the implementation of the CIT Leadership Program
- Scheduling staff days off, ensuring activities and cabins are maintain adequate coverage
- Assisting cabin staff with issues they may be facing with campers or themselves • Ensure each camper is having a positive experience, making friends and adjusting well to overnight camp life
- Manage any disciplinary issues facing campers or staff
- Manage daily cabin inspection
- Meets with staff (weekly, bi weekly) to provide feedback and review staff performance, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Equipment used includes activity equipments including sports, crafts, and waterfront equipment; office supplies and equipment including a computer; digital camera; and other equipment as the need arises.
- Other Job Duties:
Attend administrative staff meetings.
Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those assigned as leaders.
Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
Provide ongoing program ideas to counseling and activity area staff.
Assist in leading the CIT Program.
Perform other duties as they arise, including taking photographs, liaising with parents, attending trips, and helping with any organizational work.
Assist in leading the camp during the Director’s absence.
Assist with evening Admin Duty.
Salary and Benefits
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, free camper tuition, and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying. Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: February 14 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Seasonal
Qualifications and Abilities
- Experience in an administrative or supervisory role in a similar environment
- Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
Working long hours in an active camp program
Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of camper
- 21 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States Valid Driver’s License Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment.
- Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program Certification in First Aid and CPR, at a minimum. These may be obtained onsite during staff training.
- Other certifications a plus (High Ropes/Wall, Wilderness First Aid) Desire to work with and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Position dates are June 18 - August 13, 2016