To help campers in the unit to understand and live up to the Promise and Law; develop and use a democratic form of government; plan, carry out and evaluate activities; and develop enjoyment and appreciation of the outdoors. Direct and supervise the work of the Unit Counselors.
- Coordinates unit planning and activities. Acts as a resource for unit staff in planning, setting up and evaluating activities.
- Be aware of the resources available within the camp and in the surrounding area. Shares own knowledge and skills and develops new ones.
- Helps each unit plan and carry out imaginative, challenging and safe programs.
- Guides activities in the unit through use of girl/adult planning, and the Girl Scout program.
- Coordinates unit activities with those of the entire camp through Program Manager.
- Supervises unit staff, delegates’ jobs, and guides staff in coordinating activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the health and safety of the campers.
- Keeps the nurse informed of health status of campers and unit staff.
- Reports accidents promptly.
- Participates in pre-camp training and attends staff meetings.
- Keeps record and makes reports as required. Turns in unit attendance at the specific time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply by: July 15 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Maude Eaton/Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: Andover, MA
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout Program.
- Acceptance of all people and ability to work with girls and adults of different races, religions, national origins, and socio-economic conditions.
- Experience working with children.
- Previous camp experience.
- Ability to guide other staff members and to help them learn.
- The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear.
- Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 20 pounds on a regular basis.
- The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather.
- Work will be during daytime with optional evening and overnight hours.