If you love working with children, are hard working, a team player and have a desire to constantly learn and grow, both personally and professionally, this is the place for you! Working as part of our organization, consistently ranked in the top 5 Camps in MA, you will positively impact the lives of children and adults and become part of our wonderful camp community. Our positions are a perfect fit for teachers, educators and students who aspire to be them one day! We also need Bus Counselors from many towns (see list below) from all over MA and RI, so even if you don't live near Sharon you can easily work here.
A Group Leader has the same job description as a Counselor (see below), with the addition of the following:
The Group Leader will be responsible for:
- Taking written attendance for their group (of 14-20 children).
- Keeping track of the number and whereabouts of all the campers in their group.
- Understanding the group's schedule and maintaining their punctuality as they travel around Camp.
- Completing weekly written assessments of all the children in your group.
- Regularly communicating, and giving/receiving feedback, with their supervisor (Division Leader) and counselors.
- Providing advice and guidance to the counselor/s in your group.
Counselor Job Description:
A Counselor at Everwood Day Camp is responsible for providing an amazing summer camp experience for a group of campers! Our groups have 14-20 campers per group and our ages range from 4 to 15 years old. This role involves acting as the following for the summer: parent, coach, mentor, role model, and friend. You will take your group of children from activity to activity, performing the role of coach or assistant coach in a wide variety of sports and arts. Our campus is in a rustic traditional camp setting with a dynamic program so you need to be physically willing and capable to actively participate every day of the summer in swimming, sports, arts and a variety of whacky special events.
DATES, HOURS AND PAY
A work day of 9:00am to 3:30pm, Mon-Fri (this includes a 30 minute break per day).
Dates of Camp are from June 26th to August 25th (9 weeks, preferred) or August 18th (8 weeks). Staff training in late May and throughout June are also required (on evenings and weekends).
Salary for the Group Leader position is $2572.51 for nine weeks, plus two visiting nights and all staff training.
There are also multiple opportunities to make extra money for the summer, in addition to your salary! Being a Bus Counselor will make you up to $440 (and also save a ton of gas money)! Working our "Extended Day" before or after regular work hours (7-8:30am or 4-6pm) will make an extra $500+ to $700+! Teaching swim lessons will make an extra $100 (training is provided for this).
*We are looking for bus counselors from all over MA and RI, including: Attleboro, Brookline, Canton, Chestnut Hill, Franklin, Mansfield, Medfield, Milton, Natick, Newton, Needham, Norfolk, North Easton, Providence, Randolph, Sharon, Somerville, Walpole, Wellesley, West Roxbury, Westwood.
**Housing is not provided. Staff must live locally.**
Apply by: April 22 2017
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Sharon, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- An enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly, caring individual.
- The ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers.
- 19+ years of age (must at least have finished one year of college by June 2016)
- The ability and enthusiasm to swim comfortably, and assist with swim lessons, in a lake twice every day.
- A fun-loving and open-minded attitude, which means you always put the kids first and will always be prepared to be silly (e.g. get dressed up, play in jello), go beyond your comfort zone (paddle a cardboard box boat in a lake, do a zip line 20 feet up in the trees, go in a dunk tank, etc.) to inspire and motivate your campers!
- Experience of working with children.
- Experience of coaching sports (baseball, basketball, softball, soccer and volleyball).
- Studying for a degree in education.
Everwood Day Camp is an outdoor focused summer camp featuring many physically demanding activities on land and water. Staff members are regularly required to walk, hike and otherwise move in woods, fields, beaches, and lakes. In order to perform the job, each staff member of Everwood Day Camp must be physically able to travel around a large rural environment (fields, woods, beach, etc.) over uneven ground on a regular basis. Everwood Day Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067