General/Cabin Counselor is responsible for the daily supervision of all campers in residence (approximately 60) and the supervision of Junior and Middle Counselors. Counselors implement program activities as assigned that may include but is not limited to a variety of athletics, team-building activities, swimming, hiking, ropes course challenges, and other traditional camp activities. Counselors evaluate the performance of campers during the course of and at the close of each session.
Apply by: April 9 2018
Camp/Organization: Brantwood Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: Peterborough, NH
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $1500-3000 depending on experience
• Be at least 18 years of age and preferably have had completed at least one year of college level courses
• Experience in working with 10-15 year old adolescents is preferred
• A desire to work in an active, structured, outdoor setting
• Appreciation and understanding of the mission of Brantwood Camp
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
• Ability to lead others towards the positive resolution of difficult situations
• Sound judgment
• Driver’s license is preferred
Prior experience working with children at camp experience preferred. Education majors are encouraged to apply.
Brantwood Camp, a summer camp for boys and girls, enrolls campers who are between the ages of 10 and 15 from Boston, New York City, Jersey City, Hartford, and urban areas of New Hampshire who might not otherwise have an opportunity to attend summer camp.