The job entails:
1. Teaching: group sizes of 4-10 children, aged between 8 and 15, (always with the assistance of a general counselor). Working on small projects i.e. music videos, mock commercials & TV shows, comedy skits, slideshows.
2. Video Yearbook: documenting Camp life throughout the summer i.e. special events, sports, candid moments, theatrical productions, musical events.
3. You may also be required to assist with other activities. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are committed to having a positive impact on the lives of children and young adults. If you are just looking for a summer job this is NOT the job for you. We are looking for people who truly want to make a difference! Successful candidates find this to be more than just a job but rather one of the most rewarding and enriching experiences of their lives!
DATES, HOURS AND PAY
- The camp day runs from 9:00am to 4:00pm, with a work day of 9:00am to 3:30pm (this includes a 30 minute break per day).
- Dates of Camp are from June 29th to August 28th (9 weeks). Staff trainings in late May and throughout June are also required (on evenings and weekends).
- Salary range is $2458-2595, for nine weeks of work or $2224-2348 for eight (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-3:30pm) plus two visiting nights and all staff trainings.
- There are also multiple opportunities to make extra money for the summer, in addition to your salary! Assisting with Arrival (8:30-9am) and Departure (3:30-4:00 pm) will make you up to $360! Being a Bus Counselor* will make you up to $450 (and also save a ton of gas money)! Working our "Extended Day" before or after regular work hours (7-8:30am or 4-6pm) will make an extra $540 to $720! *We are looking for bus counselors from all over MA and RI, including: Ashland, Brookline, Canton, Mansfield, Milford, Milton, Newton, Needham, North Easton, Providence, Randolph, Sharon, Somerville, Wellesley, West Roxbury, Westwood.
**Housing is not provided. Staff must live locally.**
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EVERWOOD DAY CAMP What do you get out of the staff experience at Everwood Day Camp?
•Out of work hours you will forge wonderful friendships with our other staff members through our afternoon/evening staff activities! Sports (basketball, tennis, hockey, softball, volleyball, ultimate frisbee etc.), quiz nights, movie nights and more will be running regularly throughout the summer at Camp!
•Whether you work at Camp for one summer or fifty you will gain a lifetime membership to a warm, welcoming community of our staff, our campers and their families.
•An amazing experience where you will work hard, share your talents and enthusiasm and learn new skills that will be useful in future, as well as being a great resume booster.
•You will be more confident and improve (or add to) your ability to be: patient, kind, a leader, a teacher, creative, organized, inclusive, empathetic, spontaneous, independent, motivational and fun. It will be difficult to compare the person you are when you start at Camp to the person you become by the end of the summer.
•Are you seeking entrance to a college/university, a new job or an internship? A reference from one of our Camp Directors can help open doors for you.
•Paid summer employment.
•The satisfaction that you made a lasting difference in the lives of young people.
ABOUT EVERWOOD DAY CAMP Imagine a place where children are part of an extraordinary summer camp community; where they will have fun, make friends, learn, grow and are inspired to be the best person they can be! Everwood Day Camp is that place! Our wide range of activities promote educational and personal growth, through our dynamic program of instruction in sports, arts, boating, swimming, nature and outdoor adventure. Everwood Day Camp provides a magnificent camp setting on 70 acres, surrounded by 100 foot pine trees, open green fields and the glistening 350 acre Lake Massapoag in Sharon.
Apply by: May 29 2015
Camp/Organization: Everwood Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Essential: The knowledge and ability to explain and demonstrate filming fundamentals and techniques. 19+ years of age. Legal permanent U.S. resident. To be considered for this position you MUST have a DVD sampler or online portfolio. You must be able to work the whole summer* plus all staff trainings and parent visiting nights. *9 weeks, from June 29th to August 28th is preferred, but 8 weeks may also be acceptable. This can be either June 29th to August 21st or June 29th to August 28th. If you cannot work at least any of the above dates, you will not be eligible to apply for this position. An enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly, caring individual. The ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with children and co-workers.
1.) Experience working with children
2.) Experience teaching film production The ideal candidate would be a film student or school teacher with a free summer and production experience who can teach elementary production to boys and girls, ages 8-15 i.e. shooting with digital video cameras and editing the footage. Candidates owning any equipment like 3CCD cameras i.e a DVX100 or XL2 and Final Cut Pro are preferred but not required.
125 Lakeview Street
Sharon, Massachusetts 02067