Coordinate a weekly summer day camp program for 40 children ages 5-8.
- supervise and support 5 day camp counselors plus junior counselors
- carry out pre-season training and mid-season performance evaluations
- organize staff scheduling, program logistics, and program evaluation
- facilitate staff meetings, camper check-in/check-out, camper orientation, and Friday family program
- coordinate shuttle service, vehicle needs, swim times, and weekly themes
- communicate with nursing and office staff
- act as parent liaison
- oversee facilities in conjunction with Animal and Garden Manager including farm animals, gardens, buildings, and grounds;
- fill in for day camp teachers if necessary during emergencies.
Day camp sessions run Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm for eight weeks. Day camp programs emphasize education of agriculture and ecology, humane treatment of animals, sustainable agriculture, environmental stewardship, and conservation.
Apply by: July 27 2019
Camp/Organization: Alton Jones Camp/University of Rhode Island (ACA Accredited)
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $85 per day, 5 day weeks for 9+ weeks. Onsite housing optional.
Bachelor’s degree; experience teaching young children; supervisory experience. Teaching certificate is a plus but not required. Excellent communication/interpersonal/organizational skills. Red Cross certification in standard first aid and CPR is required. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with no risk-creating infractions. Familiarity with natural history, environmental stewardship, farming, gardening, and conservation preferred.
Dates of Employment: June 17 to August 16, 2019 Pre-Season Set-up: June 3-14, 2019. To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, application form, and name/contact information of three references to email@example.com