Since 1912, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to develop the skills and the voice to become successful and productive citizens. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers.
We are recruiting for the seasonal summer position of Family Camp Counselor- Waterfront. This position will be located at our family camp in Meredith, New Hampshire and will report to the Family Camp Director. The purpose of the position is to help coordinate camp’s boating and swimming activities, and help maintain standards that lead to a quality waterfront program.
• Help carry out a program of waterfront activities.
• Enforces and follows state, Girl Scout, and national standards set up for waterfront safety.
• Teaches skills development techniques and supervises free swim.
• Assist in the care of all waterfront activities.
• Assists with waterfront responsibilities such as boat and equipment maintenance, free swims, and other waterfront logistics as scheduled with the Family Camp Director.
• Assists with reports, inventories, records and other paperwork as required.
• Assists in preparation and carrying out of rainy day activities.
• Participates in pre-camp training, and assists in the opening and closing of camp.
• Assist in camp cleanliness, cares for camp property and equipment, asks for materials when needed, and reports any camp repairs in a timely manner.
• Responsible for the health and safety of all campers through modeling proper behaviors and practices, and reporting of accidents or issues beyond ones skill level to the appropriate staff person.
• Maintain good public relations and healthy communication with campers, their parents, fellow staff, and the community in person and online. • Participates in the general camp program when requested.
• All other duties as requested.
Apply by: July 21 2015
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision. • Training and experience in waterfront activities. • Current life guarding, small craft and other certifications as appropriate to position. • Current CPR and first aid certifications. • Desire and ability to work with children outdoors. • Ability to relate to one’s peer group. • Ability to accept guidance and supervision. • Good character, integrity and adaptability. • Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control. Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear. • Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful. • Must be able to lift a maximum of 30 pounds on a regular basis. Work Environment: The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather. • Work will be during daytime and evening with optional overnight hours.
To apply: https://gseasternmass.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity
95 Berkeley St.
Boston, Massachusetts 02116