Since 1912, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to develop the skills and the voice to become successful and productive citizens. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. We are recruiting for the seasonal summer position of Family Camp Counselor- Program.
This position will be located at our family camp in Meredith, New Hampshire and will report to the Family Camp Director. The purpose of the position is to assist all units in camp to plan, and implement a varied, safe, individualized, well rounded program that is consistent with the Girl Scout program and mission.
• Assists Program Director with the organization, planning, scheduling of specific camp programs such as off-camp trips, arts and crafts, ropes course, archery, CITs, Interns, and other camp program areas as assigned
• Maintain good public relations and healthy communication with campers, their parents, fellow staff, and the community in person and online.
• Participates in pre-camp training, and assists in the opening and closing of camp.
• Maintains accurate, up to date records, submits reports and evaluations on time as requested.
• Responsible for the health and safety of all campers through modeling proper behaviors and practices, and reporting of accidents or issues beyond ones skill level to the appropriate staff person.
• Assists unit staff in planning, executing, and evaluating camp activities in the unit, specialized program areas, and all camp programs.
• Assist in camp cleanliness, cares for camp property and equipment, asks for materials when needed, and reports any camp repairs in a timely manner.
• Assist unit staff with campers when needed.
• All other duties as assigned
Apply by: July 21 2015
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: United States
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Skills and Qualifications:
• Familiar with Girl Scout program. • Ability to work within the camp environment. • Acceptance of all people and ability to work with girls and adults of various races, religions, and national origins. • Able to lead and teach children new and familiar activities in the outdoors • Desire and ability to work with children ages 7-17 in the outdoors • Ability to accept supervision and guidance from peers • At least 18 years of age or graduated high school by June Physical Demands: The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk on varied terrain, play games with campers and talk or hear. • Specific vision ability required by this job is the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Ability to differentiate colors helpful. • Must be able to lift a maximum of 40 pounds on a regular basis. Work Environment: The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Work may be indoors or outdoors and may be hot, humid, rainy or cool weather. • Work will be during daytime, evening, and overnight hours.
To apply, click here.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
95 Berkeley Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116