Employment dates approximately June 18, 2020 - August 23, 2020. Please apply early, positions are filled on a rolling basis.
Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 70 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and learn new skills, have fun, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Under the direction of the Facilities Director, assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp. There is a mix of cleaning, landscaping, and other maintenance duties. If all duties are finished in a timely and satisfactory manner, evenings until 11:30 pm are Free Time, except on Duracell Nights or if an emergency occurs.
While this position does focus on facilities maintenance, it does not mean that a Facilities Assistant is isolated from campers. All staff and campers eat meals together, and spend time at camp fires, special programs, and offsite trips. Whether staff are counselors, administrative, or support staff, we are all here for the kids. Facilities Assistants live in staff housing with other staff of the same gender.
- Cleaning restrooms and showers.
- General maintenance and janitorial duties such as sweeping and mopping.
- Daily cleaning of Dining Hall, including:
- Sweeping and mopping dining rooms, and cleaning restrooms.
- Landscaping and grounds care:
- Picking up sticks,
- Blowing leaves,
- Weed-whacking, etc.
- Trash removal.
- Painting and scraping old paint.
- Assisting in the repairs of buildings and facilities, including plumbing and electrical.
- Heavy Lifting.
- Work involving climbing ladders.
- Performing all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state and federal guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Remaining on-call in case of emergency and other duties as they arise.
- Rakes, shovels, and other manual tools.
- Leaf blowers, weed-whackers, and other mechanical tools .
- Cleaning products, brooms, and mops.
- Golf cart, pick-up truck.
Apply by: December 31 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Maintenance And Support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Being a camp counselor at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Experience in cleaning, facilities/maintenance or training in the same.
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
- Work long hours.
- Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards.
- Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
- Lift 50 pounds.
- 18 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States.
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License preferred.
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program.
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training.
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts, and the opportunity to participate in trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. The Admin will receive one 12-hour day off during Traditions training week, and one 24-hour day off during camper weeks 2-7. There are no days off during camper weeks 1 or 8. Staff will also have one evening off per week, except during camper week 8.