Camp Quinebarge is a traditional, summer, overnight boys and girls summer camp lying on 65 acres of forest and over 1,200 feet of lakefront on Lake Kanasatka in Moultonborough, NH. Since 1936, Camp Quinebarge has fostered an environment for children to learn about themselves and the world around them, try new activities and grow, and make friendships that last a lifetime. Facilities Assistant Under the direction of the Facilities Director, assist in the maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp. While this position does focus on facilities maintenance, it does not mean that a Facilities Assistant is isolated from campers. All staff and campers eat meals together, and spend time at camp fires, special programs, and offsite trips. Whether staff are counselors, administrative, or support staff, we are all here for the kids.
Essential Job Functions
- Landscaping and grounds care
- Assist in the repair of buildings and facilities, including plumbing and electrical
- Perform janitorial and general maintenance duties, including sweeping, mopping, trash removal, and cleaning of restroom and shower facilities.
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state and federal guidelines as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
- Equipment Used:
Rakes, shovels, and other manual tools
Leaf blowers, weed-whackers, and other mechanical tools
Golf cart, pick-up truck
- Other Job Duties:
Start-of-Season cleanup and setup
Various maintenance tasks as they arise
Salary and Benefits:
Camp Quinebarge offers a competitive salary, room and board, leadership and other training, weekly laundry, camp t-shirts and the opportunity to participate in All-Camp Trips and onsite events. Staff are eligible for performance bonuses. Staff members receive an hour off daily and a day off each week.
How to apply:
To apply for this or other positions at Camp Quinebarge, please visit www.campquinebarge.com, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Being a staff member at Camp Quinebarge is an incredibly fun and rewarding experience for someone who enjoys children and helping them grow and is a summer you will remember forever. It is also physically and emotionally demanding and not for everyone. Please consider both before applying. Camp Quinebarge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a member of the New Hampshire Camp Director’s Association, and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by: February 14 2016
Camp/Organization: Camp Quinebarge (ACA Accredited)
Location: Moultonborough, NH
Type of Position: Maintenance/support Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Qualifications and Abilities
- Experience in facilities/maintenance or training in the same
- Able to perform physical aspects of the position, including:
o Working long hours o Identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
o Respond appropriately to situations requiring First Aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
o Lift 50 pounds
- 18 years of age as of the start of employment and eligible for work in the United States
- 21+ with valid Driver’s License preferred
- Meets state, federal, and ACA requirements for summer camp employment. Must pass a background check and provide other forms and details.
- Min. 1 year of college/university or completion of the Quinebarge CIT Leadership Program
- Current certification in CPR and/or First Aid. This may be acquired onsite during staff training
- Desire to work around and inspire children in a summer camp environment.
Dates for our 2016 season are June 18 - August 13.