The Granite YMCA Camp Foss is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic youth development professional with supervisory skills and overnight camp experience. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years administrative or supervisory experience in an organized camp setting and must meet ACA standard requirements.
Apply by: January 17 2020
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Foss (ACA Accredited)
Location: Strafford, NH
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $48,000-52,000 (based on experience)
- Development and implementation of the budget each year.
- Work with the assistant director, program director, staff development director in creating, implementing, and developing camp programs.
- Define camp goals and plan programs to reflect the YMCA core values.
- Work with the camp registrar to maintain positive and regular communication with camper families, staff members and alumni throughout the year through email campaigns, newsletters, phone calls and planned events.
- Work with the Association Marketing Director on marketing strategies to continually increase camper registrations.
- Work with the YMCA Camp Mi-Te-Na Executive Director in hosting user groups during the overnight camp rental season.
- Off-season responsibilities include supporting the other branches of The Granite YMCA through training and leadership based on previous experience and individual skill set.
Applicant should be able to uphold the following criteria:
- Able to develop positive and effective working relationships with staff, campers, families, alumni, volunteers, camp board, and colleagues.
- Effectively lead groups, facilitate discussion, and train staff.
- Able to handle multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment.
Successful candidates will show expertise in the following core competencies:
- Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance.
- Communication: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others' abilities to attain the highest level of performance.
- Decision Making: Integrates logic, intuition and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
- Philanthropy: Leads a culture of philanthropy to assist in moving the mission of The YMCA forward.
- Functional Expertise: Can lead by example in being a quality camp counselor that relates well to youth in an outdoor setting.
This position is a full time, year-round Executive position that must live on-site in Strafford, NH (beginning in May and ending in October) at an all-girls overnight camp. Off season office is located in Manchester, NH.