Cambridge Camping is a 120+ year old community-based nonprofit with a mission to inspire and nurture under-served, urban children through meaningful experiences in a supportive camp community. Cambridge Camping believes camp helps kids figure out who they are, make friends, play and have fun.
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction and delivering expected outcomes. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: operational management, financial administration, fundraising, staff supervision, community relations, human resources, board engagement, and agency compliance. The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Apply by: June 20 2015
Camp/Organization: Cambridge Camping
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $65,000-$85,000 dependent on experience.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Oversee and facilitate the implementation of organization's strategic plan.
- Supervise management of Cambridge Adventure Day Camp, Daybreak, DCF referral program, and partner camp programs.
- Oversee financial operations, budgeting, payroll, accounting and audit.
- Direct all aspects of fundraising, grant acquisition, donor development, semi-annual campaigns, events and outreach.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community leaders, Cambridge School Department partners, youth service providers and area nonprofits.
- Engage Board and committee members in all aspects of agency: strategic, planning, evaluation, fundraising, and governance.
- Develop and support administrative staff, oversee professional development opportunities and ensure compliance with human resource standards.
- Seek and identify new opportunities.
- Five or more years of progressive nonprofit management experience preferably in education or youth service.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proven fundraising abilities.
- Excellent community relations skills, knowledge of the City of Cambridge is a plus.
- Supervisory experience, including staff recruitment, development, and relationship management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an ability to communicate with people of all ages from varied socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
- High degree of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google, social media and donor database management.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to: CCA.Board@cambridgecamping.org with Executive Director in subject line. No phone calls, please.