The Boston Nature Center Day Camp is filled with singing, playing outside, acting silly and lots more. We are looking for staff members that are excited about working with children and are passionate about connecting them with nature. Each day will be filled with hands-on nature activities, games and crafts, exploration of the 67 acre wildlife sanctuary and taking part in the larger camp community through songs, skits and large group games. Instructors will have small groups of campers who range in age from 5 – 9 and will work with a team of other instructors, teen counselors and volunteers.
Join our team of staff who enjoy learning and working together in a wonderful camp setting. Camp counselors supervise campers’ health and safety, promote positive youth development, teach nature-based activities and communicate with staff and supervisors. Staff will be responsible for planning, and preparing daily lessons that include age-appropriate nature lessons games and crafts. Training includes natural history elements as well as teaching techniques.
Apply by: April 19 2016
Camp/Organization: Boston Nature Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: Boston, MA
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $12-$15 per hour per depending on experience
- Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and have experience working with young children, and have a sense of fun
- Environmental Education experience and/or past camp experience are very helpful
- Applicants studying environmental studies, biology, education or related field are preferred
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and be able to work both cooperatively and independently
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities
- Applicants must have CPR/First aid certification or willing to obtain (training will be available)
- CORI, SORI checks required
500 Walk Hill St.
Mattapan, Massachusetts 02126