Location: Lincoln, MA
Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary is seeking a passionate, innovative senior manager for a large environmental education department to lead a dedicated group of experienced education program coordinators in all aspects of on-site and off-site education programs for adults, families, children, groups and schools, and special needs populations at Drumlin Farm, in accordance with Mass Audubon’s mission and Drumlin Farm’s strategic goals. The Education Manager is a visionary who provides support and direction to and fosters the initiative and independent action of a talented team of environmental and farm educators who manage the sanctuary’s education programs.
- Working with the Drumlin Farm education team on the development, marketing, implementation, and evaluation of Drumlin Farm’s programs
- Directly supervising a staff of 6 or more program coordinators and indirectly supervising up to 120 other department staff; developing and managing a department budget of over $1.5 million
- Writing and managing grants of varying sizes from public and private institutions
- Supporting the sanctuary’s operating and capital fundraising efforts
- Coordinating and collaborating with the Mass Audubon education team.
- The Manager is also responsible for developing collaborative relationships with leaders in environmental education and other organizations to maintain a leadership role for Drumlin Farm in nature and farm education.
How to Apply Please email your resume and cover letter to: Subject line: Education Manager Christy Foote-Smith - Sanctuary Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by: January 4 2015
Camp/Organization: Mass Audubon/Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lincoln, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
- Passionate about and experienced in environmental education and farm-based education
- Considered an expert in planning, designing, marketing and evaluating environmental education programs
- Strong experience in management and supervision of program and related staff
- Strong grant writing and project management experience
- MA or MS in education, biological or earth science, environmental studies, nature interpretation, or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of relevant experience with 4 years in a supervisory capacity.