Mass Audubon’s young and fast growing Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary on Cape Cod Bay is looking for a passionate and dedicated Education Coordinator. The Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, managing, preparing, and marketing an array of education programs for youth, families, and adults as well as teaching educational programs in accordance with Mass Audubon’s philosophy, goals, standards, and practices. The Education Coordinator serves as a resource on natural history for staff, visitors, members, and volunteers. This position is a 20-hr/week position, projected to grow to a 40hr/week position year round.
- Plan, write, prepare, and manage program catalogs, informational brochures, and education related publications, including e-communications and educational related marketing activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage group programs both on-site and off-site.
- Closely monitor program registration and take steps to change program trends if needed.
- Supervise one (1) part-time year round teacher naturalist as well as several seasonal part-time staff or volunteer educators.
- Monitor program budgets. Maintain records and files of program revenue and expenses. Track expenditures against budget and work with other sanctuary staff to take corrective action, as necessary. Participate in development of sanctuary’s education budget, including revenue forecasts.
- Orient visitors, members, and community in Mass Audubon’s mission, programs, and stewardship.
- Develop and implement programs for youth, families, adults, and groups in line with Long Pasture’s strategic plan programmatic framework.
- Coordinate programs and activities for special events, and other educational related activities.
- Coordinate existing and initiate new on-site and off-site specialized educational programs, including vacation weeks and professional trainings.
- Develop integrated programs that incorporate broader audiences and constituents.
- Analyze results for evaluation and communicate outcomes to supervisor for decision making.
- Serve as a resource on natural history for visitors, members, and volunteers.
- Work with Teacher Naturalist and staff in maintaining updated school curricula, instructional materials, educational supplies, and other educational resources.
- Maintain accurate records of programs and program participants according with Mass Audubon’s policy and state mandates.
Marketing, Public/Community Relations:
- Plan, write, and prepare informational brochures, newsletters and related publications.
- Promote membership and orient visitors, members, and community in Mass Audubon’s mission, programs, and stewardship.
- Attend sanctuary staff meetings and actively participate with the Director of Education in statewide education staff meetings, education work groups, and professional development trainings, as required.
- Assist in activities during vacation weeks, and special events and support membership development and fundraising, as needed.
- Perform other position-related duties, as assigned.
Apply by: February 2 2015
Camp/Organization: Mass Audubon's Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary (ACA Accredited)
Location: Barnstable, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: based on experience
Requires First Aid and CPR certification upon hire and valid Massachusetts drivers license. Requires successful completion of a CORI
- Bachelor’s degree in education, biological, earth science, environmental studies, or equivalent, and a minimum of one year experience in conducting educational programs or Master’s degree in education, biological, earth science, environmental studies, or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of experience in program income and expenses management.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Ability to establish effective Mass Audubon presence in surrounding communities related to conservation and biodiversity of urban, suburban, and rural areas.
PO Box 235
Cummaquid, Massachusetts 02637