To help coordinate and teach the Theater/Drama program at Naticook Day Camp, and to help maintain standards that lead to a quality program.
Works under the general supervision of the Specialty Program Manager
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Develop, plan & lead daily drama activities for children between the ages of 8 – 14.
• Working with the Theater Specialty Program Manager to organize and lead participants in scene acting, vocal work, dance and creative movement, theater games and improvisation. Participants will work together to produce a theatrical program that will be performed at the last day of the Theater Camp program. During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with drama activities.
• Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
• Determine suitable play by considering: age and abilities, likes / dislikes, and familiarity
• * rewrite script if needed, to ensure appropriate language and suitable length of time
• * establish cast of characters
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition. Continually checking equipment and making repairs.
• Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season
• Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
• Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: April 3 2020
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Training and experience in Acting or Theatre activities At least 16 years of age Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Training and experience in Acting or Theatre activities
• Ability to teach and direct campers of all ages in various subsets of theater (acting, vocal work, dance, improve etc.
• Desire and ability to work with children
• Ability to relate to one’s peer group
• Ability to guide and supervise
• Good character, integrity, and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control