Brooks School Summer Programs is seeking an experienced, innovative, and self-motivated professional to join our team and direct our summer TEEN QUEST program, serving teens entering 7th through 10th grade. Teen Quest will operate as a day camp, M-F, from June 29 – August 21, 2015. The director is expected to work in the pre-season to support marketing, program development, hire the staff, and lead staff orientation. Responsibilities include overall management of Teen Quest including staffing, program and evaluation. Candidates must maintain positive communications with parents and work in a supportive partnership with all Brooks School Summer Programs. Ideal candidates must have at least five years proven leadership with teens in an experiential education setting. Previous camp administration desired. This position fits well with school year jobs.
Apply by: March 17 2015
Camp/Organization: Teen Quest - Brooks School Summer Programs (ACA Accredited)
Location: North Andover, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $8,000 - $9,600
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally with parents, staff and teen participants.
- Background and ability to lead activities in one of these program areas: adventure, visual arts, performing arts.
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment.
- Physically able to travel throughout the program day.
- Current drivers's license.
- College degree, teaching experience/certification.
- Previous camp administration experience.
- At least five years proven leadership with teens in an experiential education setting.
- Ability and experience in supervising staff and teens.
- Successful experience in day trip logistics and planning