The Director of Summer Programs is responsible for strategic planning, operations, market development, program design, promotion, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation of all Berkshire Summer Programs including athletic camps, academic programs, day and overnight camps, and the rental of Berkshire facilities.
Berkshire School is committed to the development and growth of new summer programs on it campus. Having rented its facilities for the past 20 years to an adult music program, the school now seeks to operate its own full-scale set of summer programs starting in the summer of 2018. This will be a unique opportunity for the Director of Summer Programs to develop and grow multiple summer programs that support the mission of the school, provide admissions benefit, and generate new revenue.
Apply by: November 10 2017
Camp/Organization: Berkshire School
Location: Sheffield, Massachusetts
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Competitive salary and generous benefits package
Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. Successful candidates will have the energy and ambition to develop Berkshire’s Summer Programs to the highest degree of educational excellence. They will be organized, attentive to detail, and motivated by authentic interest in the experience of the participants in the programs.
- 5-7 years of summer program experience with 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience managing summer programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Expertise in marketing summer or similar programs using a variety of technology resources including social media
- Well-developed collaborative work style; ability to interact with employees at all levels of the community
- An expert in youth development programming, demonstrating current and thorough knowledge of regulations, applicable laws, trends, best practices and new developments in field
- A creative self-starter who brings wisdom, perspective, confidence and excellent problem solving skills to the position
Berkshire School is a co-ed boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 and post-graduates. The 400-acre campus is located at the base of Mount Everett (2,624 ft.) in Sheffield, Massachusetts, in the heart of the Berkshire Hills. The local area is a popular tourist destination for world-renowned arts and culture, health and wellness retreats and spectacular nature, including the Appalachian Trail, which is a short hike from campus.
245 N Undermountain Rd
Sheffield, Massachusetts 01257