The Director of Summer Academics provides supervision and development of the English Immersion and Academic Adventures Summer Programs.
This person reports to the Director of Auxiliary Programs and works collaboratively with other academic leaders at Fay School to provide appropriate academic programming during the summer camps.
This person is responsible for communicating with and supervising the summer teachers, setting up meetings to review the curriculum, overseeing progress reports, and communicating with families when necessary.
Quality supervision, flexibility, respect for cultural differences, and creative problem solving are all a must.
The position will begin with pre-camp planning in preparation for English Immersion and Academic Adventure programs opening on July 12, 2020.
When camp is in session, the normal work schedule is 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Apply by: April 11 2020
Camp/Organization: Fay School
Location: Southborough, MA
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Supervise academic teachers of English Immersion and Academic Adventures
• Organize and administer progress reports for English Immersion and Academic Adventures
• Communicate with families of students in English Immersion and Academic Adventures
• Be the main point of contact regarding English Immersion and Academic Adventures
• Provide strong customer service and maintain positive public relations with students and parents while responding to telephone, email, and in-person contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Previous experience supervising teachers or camp staff
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Strong communication skills, especially with international families
July 6 – August 7, 2020 Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter detailing why they would be a great fit for FaySummer, and list of three references via email with the subject line “Director of Academic Programs” to firstname.lastname@example.org.