The Aloha Foundation is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and responsible individual to plan, coordinate, and direct a broad range of services to maintain and preserve our beautiful grounds and rustic facilities year-round. The candidate will be an important member of our diverse and dedicated team. The Director will maintain the highest standards of a safe, healthy learning environment and will prudently manage our facility resources and maintenance schedule.
This position requires the Director to respond during off hours and within a reasonable period of time to address issues that may arise on our properties. On-campus housing may be available for the right candidate or while the candidate relocates to the area. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply by: April 28 2020
Camp/Organization: Aloha Foundation, Inc. (ACA Accredited)
Location: Fairlee, Vermont
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: We are offering a competitive salary and full benefits. The actual range is dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Year-round oversight of entire properties; including the execution of preventative maintenance, development of capital projects, and keeping the grounds and facilities safe, neat, and attractive.
- Supervision of building and grounds staff; both year-round and seasonal, as well as outside vendors and contractors.
- Identify and proactively address safety, security and health hazards throughout all Aloha Foundation properties, facilities, and waterfronts while complying with local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Maintain public water systems including required monitoring, reporting, record keeping, and complying with state regulations.
- On-call service and management of facilities
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles as well as a variety of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Respond to work orders and maintenance requests received through formal and informal channels.
- Financial management of all aspects of the department.
- Establish relationships with local vendors in the Upper Valley and work with the directors to give back to our local communities.
- Meet Department goals and deadlines to advance The Foundation's strategic priorities.
- Recommend changes to policies or procedures in order to improve facility safety and operations.
- Maintain records and inventories of camp equipment and supplies.
Required personal qualities and attributes
- Sound judgement
- Safety mindset. Ability to identify hazards and mitigate risk.
- Patient and thoughtful; understanding of the human condition
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Sense of humor is a must
Required Management Skills
- Analytical skills: Review processes and resources to find ways to improve efficiency without compromising safety.
- Communication skills: Working, listening, and talking with a variety of people in different roles. This includes, but not limited to, listening to the needs of staff and identifying applicable solutions, describing how to resolve an issue, and setting expectations.
- Leadership skills: Adept at managing workers, coordinating duties, and schedules. Motivating employees and inspiring loyalty is a must as well as tackling issues as they arise.
- Big Picture thinking yet detail oriented: Required across a range of tasks, from future uses of properties to managing the process of buying equipment
General job skills, certifications and industry experience
- Skilled in a variety of areas: general contractor, project management, maintenance and repair (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
- General automotive repair is a plus.
- First responder training or certification preferred.
- Experience with applying for permits and knowledge of environmental regulations.
The Aloha Foundation is an inclusive organization that welcomes people from all backgrounds. It does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.