Primary and direct responsibility for the day to day operation and supervision of the camp program including planning and oversight of program schedule and activities.
- Organize and direct (and/or delegate) staff training and orientation
- Organize and direct preparations necessary for camp activities.
- Directly oversee the arrival of overnight campers.
- Supervise staff and campers to maintain safety and quality of program.
- Organize cabin assignments for overnight campers.
- Check all lesson plans to insure the success of the program.
- Delegate and organize recognition beds to campers.
- Work with program staff, submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed.
- Delegate and oversee packing all materials and supplies at end of season.
- Evaluate current season and make suggestions for following season.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Learn the likes/dislikes of each participant and/or encourage staff to accomplish the same
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving.
- Develop opportunities for interaction between campers and staff
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success during camp.
- Provide opportunities for discussion of individual or group problems or concerns.
- Help each participant meet the goals established by the camp for camper development.
Apply by: November 24 2017
Camp/Organization: Camp Claire (ACA Accredited)
Location: Lyme Ct
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: upon request
- At least 25 years of age
- Current First Aid & CPR certification
- Ability to work parents regarding their children’s issues and/or needs
- Ability to provide effective supervision, guidance, and/or discipline to staff as needed
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- At least two seasons previous experience as part of an administrative staff of a recreational overnight camp for children.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Supervision of camp program and activities
- Guide cabin groups and individual campers in participating successfully in all camp activities.
- Oversee established roles for supervising camper health.
- Carry out established roles in enforcing camp safety regulations.
- Develop activity plans with participants as appropriate.
- Supervise all assigned aspects of campers' day including morning reveille, cabin clean-up, meal times, rest hour, evening activities, getting ready for bed, and after-hours duty as assigned. Instruct campers in emergency procedures such as fire drills, evacuating the cabin, etc..
- Help campers plan their participation in camp wide programs, special events, and activities.
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff training, meetings, and supervisory conferences.
**These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Camp Claire has been consistently in operation since 1916! Located on beautiful Hamburg Cove on 10 acres this camp is a traditional old fashioned American camp for children who enjoy the outdoors. We provide Boating, sailing, swimming ( new Olympic size swimming pool) Kayaking, paddle boarding, and more.
170-1 Hamburg Road
Lyme, Connecticut 06371