The summer programs provide students with opportunities to explore their passions and interests outside of the classroom setting and encourage them to share their gifts with the community. By doing this, they open themselves to new and lasting friendships while engaging in potentially transformative experiences. We strive to provide programming for our current students while also creating an opportunity to introduce new families to the breadth of our programs and offerings.
This full-time, 12-month position will manage all aspects of a $250k and growing summer program. Responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of the program while also creating and executing a plan for continued growth. The Director will be responsible for coordinating all athletic, fine art and academic program offerings, overseeing Program Managers, creating promotional materials, and recruiting students.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Recommend, develop, and oversee the implementation of new program offerings and evaluate existing programs, based on current market conditions, customer demand and other local summer camps.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop a marketing/advertising plan for recruiting campers and to create promotional information and brochures.
- Conduct school visits to publicize BCH Summer Programs and recruit campers.
- Responsible for upkeep of Summer Program information on the BCH Website, including all forms, course descriptions and applications.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining all camp applications, payments, medical forms, etc., for each individual camper.
- Serve as primary contact for Summer Programs and point person for any problems that may arise when the Program is in session, and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Work with Program Managers to coordinate camp schedules, determine logistical support needs, and ensure appropriate balance of athletic, academic and fine arts content.
- Recruit Program Managers and provide leadership and direction to Summer Program team.
- Process all payroll and expense requests for the Program.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive budget for the Program, including fee schedules and expenditure controls.
- Work with other BCH constituents as necessary to coordinate program specific support needs.
Apply by: December 5 2017
Camp/Organization: Boston College High School
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Preferred qualifications and characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong relationships with colleagues to create innovative ideas for future summer programming
- Professional experience and proven success, preferably in a Catholic, Jesuit school, in managing a robust summer program.
- Professional experience and proven success in coordinating, mentoring, and motivating a staff
- Experience with summer program registration and database management software
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word Documents
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in an educational setting
Interested candidates Cover letters, resumes, and references should be submitted to: Eileen Phinney, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. For more information about Boston College High School, please visit www.bchigh.edu