Under the supervision of the Camp Director, the Waterfront Director directs and coordinates a safe aquatic program. The Waterfront Director will supervise aquatic staff, campers, and other staff while at the waterfront, and also participates in other camp programming as required.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in emergencies.
- Ability to schedule and supervise aquatics staff and volunteers.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instruction to campers.
- Desire and ability to work with children ages 5-17 in an outdoor setting.
- Interact with girls, staff, volunteers, and families in a positive, professional manner.
- Serve as a positive role-model for campers, staff, and volunteers.
- Adjust, modify own behavior, and remain flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments.
- Patience and capacity to show interest and compassion for every camper and staff member.
- Belief in the Girl Scout Mission and willingness to subscribe to the principles as stated in the Promise and Law.
- Commitment to assuring that the diversity of campers and staff is appreciated. Flexibility in working with campers and staff from all socio-economic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
Apply by: April 20 2019
Camp/Organization: Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England (ACA Accredited)
Location: Camp Promising Acres, Camp Cookie & Camp Hoffman
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Current Lifeguarding certification required; current WSI certification preferred.
- Small craft certification or experience required.
- Training and experience in waterfront management with an ability to manage aquatic activities.
- Be able to pass a background check.
- Must have valid driver license, reliable transportation, and current insurance.
- Must be available for full duration of employment
Apply directly through the GSSNE website: https://girlscoutsofsoutheasternnewengland.formstack.com/forms/summercampstaffapp General information and the detailed job description is also available under: “Work at Summer Camp”: http://www.gssne.org/en/our-council/careers.html) These positions are seasonal/temporary at the following GSSNE camp sites: • Camp Cookie, 116 Long Entry Road in Chepachet, RI – July 8 to August 2, 2019 • Camp Hoffman, 850 Ministerial Road in West Kingston, RI - June 16 to August 11, 2019 • Camp Promising Acres, 580 Dillon Lane in Swansea, MA – July 8 to July 26, 2019