The Fessenden School, an all-boys independent day and boarding school in West Newton, Massachusetts, with approximately 525 students in Pre-K through Grade 9, seeks an experienced administrator to work in the School’s camp programs and athletics department. During the summer, Fessenden offers a robust co-ed summer program that includes an 8-week day camp, 5-week ELL (English Language Learning) boarding program, and three weeks of sports camps.
Fessenden seeks a seasoned camp professional to work with the Camp Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the Day Camp program. During the school year, this position will support the administrative needs of the athletics department during three seasons of interscholastic athletics for boys in Grades 5-9 and help manage Fessenden’s athletics facilities rentals. The Day Camp Office Manager will play a vital role in growing Fessenden’s Summer Programs, working closely with the Camp Director and Assistant Director and the Chief Operations Officer of the school. On a daily basis, this position will have either primary or support responsibilities in enrollment and recruiting, marketing, staff hiring and coordination, as well as oversight of the general office. This is a hands-on role that is full-time, year round.
Apply by: May 7 2016
Camp/Organization: Fessenden Day Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: West, Newton, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: Salary and benefit package are competitive.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous tasks/projects
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong technology skills - fluency with Google Apps and comfort working with databases, preferably Campminder
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a year-round camp office preferred
- Limited evening or weekend work required
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years in an administrative capacity
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Mike Grossman, Chief Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.