• Day to day responsibility of the summer day camp program.
• Organizes a weekly “theme” for the day camp program and creates programming to coordinate
• Checks campers in and out of Camp every day, communicates with parents as needed and relays these needs to Camp staff.
• Manages program scheduling and works with the Program Director to sign-up campers in age-appropriate activities.
• Ensures program safety in accordance with State, ACA and YMCA set standards and ratios
• Oversees and evaluates two day camp counselors.
• Ensures day camper needs are being met
• Anything else directed by the Camp Director to enhance the summer program.
• Maintains constant communication with Camp Director regarding staff and program issues.
Apply by: July 31 2018
Camp/Organization: YMCA Camp Woodstock (ACA Accredited)
Location: Woodstock Valley, CT
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
Salary: $2,400 - $2,600
• At least 20 years of age
• Demonstrated ability to lead campers and staff by setting a high standard and strong positive example
• At least two years of experience in organized camping or comparable position
• Organizational ability to multitask
• Be able to work 9- 10 hours days 5 days a week and be an effective leader both mentally and physically
• Clear understanding and acceptance of the fundamental objectives and policies of Camp Woodstock and the Hartford YMCA
This is a live on site position from June 11 - August 18