Responsible, energetic team players working directly with campers helping them prepare for and move between activities, engaging with them in activities, providing encouragement, ensuring camper health and safety, providing fun and age appropriate experiences, and serving as a role model. Must be at least 18 years old by June 15, 2019. Experience with youth programs a plus.
Apply by: May 21 2019
Camp/Organization: Camp Lewis Perkins/Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts (ACA Accredited)
Location: South Hadley
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Clean criminal history background as verified through CORI and SORI checks. • Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) HEADS UP to Youth Sports Online Training. • First Aid/CPR Certification preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Four weeks experience as a JR Counselor, have participated in counselor in training program or have at least four weeks experience in a supervisory role with children.
- Training or experience in appropriately engaging children in activities through innovation, planning, scheduling, implementation, and oversight.
- Experience in a leadership role with peers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual skills an asset – (e.g. Spanish)
- Strong human relation skills; ability to motivate people in small and large group settings.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of general outdoor and program operational safety considerations and procedures.
Please fill out our application (https://bit.ly/2Jsxxmp ) and e-mail back to firstname.lastname@example.org
301 Kelly Way
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040