The Creative Arts Activity Specialist is responsible for coordinating and leading the Theater/Drama/Dance/Music programs at Naticook Day Camp. Specialist will develop, plan & lead daily activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14. Will organize plays & skits for performances held throughout the summer. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have experience in Creative Arts.
- Develop, plan & lead daily drama, music or dance activities for children between the ages of 5 – 14.
- Organize plays & skits for performances held throughout the summer
- During staff training, assist in teaching responsibilities associated with drama activities.
- Conduct daily check of facilities and equipment in program area for safety, cleanliness and good repair
- Determine suitable play by considering: age and abilities, likes / dislikes, and familiarity
- * rewrite script if needed, to ensure appropriate language and suitable length of time
- * establish cast of characters
- Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory, storing, and keeping equipment in good condition. Continually checking equipment and making repairs.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies when needed
- Assist in packing all materials and supplies at end of season
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for following season
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Apply by: April 3 2017
Camp/Organization: Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Training and experience in Acting or Theatre activities
- High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 18 years of age
- Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred
- Training and experience in Acting, Theatre, music or drama activities
- Ability to teach and direct campers of all ages
- Desire and ability to work with children
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Ability to guide and supervise
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
Please visit http://www.merrimacknh.gov/positionopenings or the Town of Merrimack Human Resource Office located at 6 Baboosic Lake Road, Merrimack, NH, 03054 to view a complete job description and to obtain a Town application. To apply, submit your Town application and a copy of your certification cards to the above address. No email please. Position is open until filled. EOE For questions about the position, please contact Parks & Recreation Director Matt Casparius at 603-882-1046. Position is open until filled