Summer Camp Counselor
Objective: To positively impact the lives of children.
Supervise children and teens in cabin and activities throughout the day and at night. Organize, plan, and lead creative and engaging activities in programs for ages 6-17. Are programs include: soccer, sports, archery, disc golf, swimming, canoeing, mad science, rocketry, arts and crafts, drama, dance, movie making, outdoor living, music, fishing, dance, newspaper, bracelet making, t-shirt making, and ropes course. (We may be adding new additional programs this summer)
Provide children and teens with a safe and comfortable environment to learn, grow, and make genuine connections with others.
Mentor and be a role model for our teens in the Teen Leader program and Junior Staff program.
Complete weekly evaluations for various programs.
Work effectively with other staff members.
Communicate clearly and professionally.
Monitor the general safety and cleanliness of the camp.
Apply by: June 7 2019
Camp/Organization: New London County 4-H Camp (ACA Accredited)
Location: 37 Kahn Road Franklin Connecticut 06360
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Has a positive attitude, is energetic, and enthusiastic!
- Is flexible/open minded and willing to take on additional responsibilities.
- Has time management and organizational skills.
- Is able to work long hours.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Is available from June 10th-August 11th (These dates are subject to change slightly and can be flexible).
- Must be able to work from Sunday- Friday. On Sunday we start at 11am and finish around 7pm on Friday.