The Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Coordinator directs the Counselor in Training Program for 14 & 15 year olds. The program will be focus on teaching CIT’s the skills necessary to be successful working with children and learning to become a camp counselor. Through hands on learning experience teens will get the chance to plan and implement camp activities for various age groups. In addition over the course of each session participants will learn how to write a professional resume, practice interview techniques and gain valuable leadership experiences that will enhance their job marketability.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Camp Director / Assistant Camp Director
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: To teach candidates enrolled in the C.I.T. program the responsibilities of a counselor. To provide training by working side-by-side with these candidates to supervise their progress.
• Teach C.I.T.’s their responsibilities by shadowing all camp procedures.
• Plan and execute the daily programs.
• Correct or reprimand as soon as possible (in private), for actions that put health and safety at risk.
• Continually monitor assignments for the day.
• In the event a counselor is ill or their employment is terminated, assist where needed.
• Be responsible for the C.I.T.’s and do everything possible to solve problems
• Inform director of any problem and discuss progress of C.I.T.’s
• Assist those who may need help fitting into camp atmosphere
• Help ensure morale of C.I.T.’s
• Formally evaluate participants each session.
• Assist C.I.T.’s in setting objectives so that they can meet the expectations of each activity
• Assist in evaluating the entire camp operation with suggestions for the following season
• Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required. These may include but are not limited to: lunch serving schedule, running flag, call names at lunch and end of day, daily rounds etc
• Ability to communicate and train staff and campers in safety regulations and emergency procedures
• Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to staff and/or campers
• Cognitive and communication abilities to plan and conduct the staff to achieve camper development objectives
• Ability to work with different age and skill levels • Get to remote locations on camp property quickly
Apply by: May 15 2018
Camp/Organization: Naticook Day Camp / Merrimack Parks & Recreation (ACA Accredited)
Location: Merrimack, NH
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Current CPR and first aid certifications preferred
• College student or at least 21 years of age
• At least one season of camp administration experience (i.e. head counselor)
• Ability to supervise staff and campers
• Ability to plan, originate, organize, and carry out daily and special programs
• Ability and desire to work in a camp setting
• Good character, integrity, adaptability, and enthusiasm
Interested candidates should complete the Town of Merrimack Application for Employment and mail or drop it off to the following address: Town of Merrimack Attn: Human Resources 6 Baboosic Lake Road Merrimack, NH 03054