The American Camp Association, New England—the region’s hub for all things summer camp—supports summer camp experiences, educates camp professionals and staff, consults on best practices for camps to follow and advocates for camp quality. Our mission is to enrich the lives of children and families through quality camp experiences.
ACA New England invites applications for a full-time opening on our Lexington, MA-based staff team. Communications Coordinator responsibilities:
- assisting the Director of Development & Communications with marketing, communications, and development efforts;
- articulating ACA New England’s mission and vision;
- advancing our key messages;
- and promoting our brand
- Provides support to develop and implement an annual communications and marketing plan, which includes traditional, digital and social media strategies
- Responsible for member and public communication
- Researches, collects data and reports statistics on our website, social media, email and other communications
- Monitors and manages online presence and social media presence
- Creates, updates and maintains visual content for website, social media and print campaigns
- Provides support to implement fundraising campaigns
- Coordinates production, mailing and/or electronic posting of fund-raising appeals
- Plans and executes raffles and fundraising activities at our Annual Conference and at other programs and meetings.
The successful candidate will possess demonstrated initiative, ability to work well with others, a sense of humor and an interest in helping to change the lives of children and families through the camp experience.
Starting date: Late January - Early February 2016
Please Apply by Tuesday, 5 January 2016: Please email résumé, salary requirement and a one paragraph writing sample to: Lucy Norvell, Director of Development & Communications.
If you prefer, mail your application to this address:
ACA New England
80 Westview Street
Lexington, MA, 02421.
Apply by: January 5 2016
Camp/Organization: American Camp Association, New England
Location: Lexington, MA
Type of Position: Administrative
Time Frame: Year Round
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a creative team
- Experience in communications and marketing
- Strong copy editing skills
- Some bending and lifting required
- Ability to analyze development and communications data and create reports
- Proficiency on a PC including Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with staff and volunteers
- Social media, photography and graphic design experience
- Some experience in nonprofit fund development preferred
- Preferred competency in: Adobe Design Premium Products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to travel, primarily to summer camps in New England
- Apple Mac experience a plus
This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The employee in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time.