1. Coordinate and implement staff training programs including pre-camp training and ongoing in-service/skill development sessions in conjunction with Director of Operations and Executive Director.
2. Assist in opening and closing camp operations. Assist oversight of facility needs to ensure health and safety. Regularly monitor program areas to ensure cleanliness and safety.
3. Assist in the supervisory systems that provide direction, support, feedback, documentation and evaluation.
4. Supervise staff. Implement and manage a system to guide supervised staff in accomplishing camp goals and objectives. Guide, train and support staff in all areas of their work.
5. Demonstrate responsible judgment in all aspects of job responsibilities and personal behavior. Actively contribute to systems that provide camper focused program and high levels of staff competence, morale, teamwork, and work satisfaction.
6. Oversee breakfast and lunch food service.
7. Reviewing incoming camper rosters and camper information in conjunction with Hale Administrative Director. Develop camper groups.
8. Observe and monitor mealtime to ensure appropriate supervision and behavior. Guide staff in creating a quiet, get-to-know each other lunch time. Provide ideas for lunch spots and conversations.
9. Actively contribute to camp administration as needed to ensure smooth camp operations and the health, safety and security of campers and staff.
10. Assist in organizing and direction of safe, efficient check-in and check-out operations.
11. Provide leadership to support goals and outcomes.
12. Provide leadership to support camp operations in a manner consistent with the minimum impact camping ethic.
Apply by: April 21 2015
Camp/Organization: Hale Outdoor Learning Adventures
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Seasonal
- Ability to fully function in all weather conditions.
- Possess physical and emotional strength and endurance to maintain continuous supervision in an outdoor setting for ten-week period.
- Ability to observe behavior, and assess its appropriateness, enforce needed safety regulations, and apply appropriate behavior and motivational management.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and ability to direct others in appropriately responding to emergencies.
- Physical ability to negotiate hilly terrain, dirt roads and dirt and gravel trails.
- Physical ability to respond quickly to situations requiring immediate action.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 30 pounds several feet.
- Minimum age - 21 years old
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in an outdoor camp setting
- Previous camp management or related experience - 2 years
- Ability to creatively design and schedule activities for staff and campers of all ages
- Ability and experience in supervising staff and campers Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control