- Oversee the food service operations for year-round conference and camp meals
- Provide quality, healthy meals for all Canonicus guests
- Manage operating costs to effectuate profitability
- Oversee the management of all personnel (including volunteers), involved in the food service operation
- Performance Evaluations
- Other duties as necessary
Apply by: December 13 2019
Camp/Organization: Canonicus Camp & Conference Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: Exeter, RI
Type of Position: Director
Time Frame: Year Round
Salary: $25,000 plus benefits
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in Culinary Arts or Hotel/Institutional Food Service Management
- Must be certified by the RI Department of Health as a Safe Food Manager (copy of certificate required with application)
- Ability to motivate and encourage others to work as a cohesive team while recognizing and respecting the diversity of the organization
- Must possess organizational skills necessary to balance the unique and individual food service needs of all clients/guests and others served
- Must live on-site to accommodate a flexible work schedule that requires availability at various hours, (days and (or) nights, according to client/guest needs.
- This position requires working many weekends and non-uniform hours, especially during the summer. Actual work hours will average no less than 40 hours per week.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the food service industry, with at least three years of a strong emphasis on cooking/production
- Experience supervising and scheduling others in a food service environment
Owned and operated by the American Baptist Churches of RI, Canonicus Camp & Conference Center is located in rural southern Rhode Island on 300+ acres of woodlands and meadows. In operation for over 70 years, Canonicus provides accommodations, meals and program areas for a variety of religious communities, civic groups, academic institutions and non-profit organizations throughout the year as well as for our summer camping ministry program. Together, our on-site staff works to create the best environment possible for guests of all ages to experience physical, mental and spiritual renewal and well-being in a beautiful natural setting.
The Chef/Food Service Manager at Canonicus is an integral part of our team and oversees the food service operations for conference events and camping programs. Providing quality, healthy meals for all Canonicus guests, he/she directs the overall food service operation including purchasing, preparation, nutrition, service, sanitation, personnel management, customer service, and record keeping. Job description available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will be a team-player, professionally prepared to provide quality food service to our current guest base and personally motivated to grow with us as we expand our operations and services in the coming year.
Compensation package and perks include salary of $25,000, year-round on-site private residence, vacation/sick time and full medical benefits. Applications being accepted now until the position is filled. Please send letter of interest with resume and required certification documents to email@example.com.