Dates of Employment: June 12th – August 3rd, 2017
Position Purpose: To further the mission of BCH Camp through the development and delivery of low and high challenge course activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ ages and abilities. Oversee the management to the physical operation of the challenge course and related equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current Level 1 ACCT practitioner certification
- 2-3 years of documented challenge course facilitation experience
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and deliver a challenge course program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers.
- Write lesson plans that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
- Evaluate abilities of campers and staff.
- Deliver progressive challenge course activities.
- Evaluate the success of the challenge course program.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of staff training for the challenge course.
- Train other staff in their responsibilities at the challenge course.
- Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
- Oversee the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment for the challenge course program.
- Maintain the challenge course equipment including ropes, harnesses, helmets, carabiners, ATC’s, rescue equipment, hardware, etc.
- Ensure the security of the challenge course equipment and elements when not in use and ensure course is off-limits to bystanders when in use.
- Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Clean challenge course shed daily, keeping it free of hazards and debris.
Physical Aspects of the Position:
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Apply by: May 26 2017
Camp/Organization: Barbara C. Harris Camp & Conference Center (ACA Accredited)
Location: Greenfield, New Hampshire
Type of Position: Program Head
Time Frame: Seasonal