Running Brook Day Camp, a multi-activity summer program in Waltham serving campers ages 3.5-14 is seeking qualified applicants for our High Ropes/Challenge Course specialist for this summer.
Applicants must have significant experience in facilitating/belaying a high challenge course with kids. (First Aid certification will also be provided if necessary).
The program runs from 8:15-4:00 Monday-Friday, from June 24th through August 16th, in addition to staff training dates that will occur during June. Applicants for all positions must have specific experience relative to the position applying for, must have good communication skills, great energy, and a positive attitude.
We have a great staff and offer a positive and supportive working environment.
Salaries are dependent on experience.
Apply by: May 10 2019
Camp/Organization: Running Brook Camps (ACA Accredited)
Location: Waltham, MA
Type of Position: Specialized Activity Leader
Time Frame: Seasonal
Minimum age: 21 (ACA requirements)
- At least 2 years documented experience/training in ropes course facilitation from a recognized organization.
- Experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
- Strong at group facilitation and successfully adapt facilitation style based on individual or group needs
- Skilled in positive behavior management
- Certified in Standard First Aid, and Level 2 High Ropes Certification from any ACCT Accredited Vendor Member, or are willing to obtain
- Experienced in high ropes course and equipment instruction