Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Unit Leader is responsible for supervising campers and unit staff and identifying and meeting camper needs by planning and implementing the camp program.
Apply by: July 10 2018
Camp/Organization: Camp Cookie & Camp Rocky Farm/Girl Scouts of Southeastern New England (ACA Accredited)
Location: Chepachet, RI and Newport, RI
Type of Position: General Staff
Time Frame: Seasonal
• Must be 21 or older
• Must have a valid driver license, reliable transportation, and current insurance
• Be able to pass a background check
• Employees will be required to carry a current driver’s license, vehicle registration, personal and public liability insurance that meets state and council requirements.
• First Aid and CPR certification provided.
Must be available for the full duration of the employment period
Required Training One day of pre-camp training including but not limited to Safety, Risk Management, Youth Development, Child Health and Welfare, Outdoor Skills, and Program Activities
• Have a desire and ability to work with girls ages 5-17
• Must have experience with youth programming or equivalent experience
• Teaching or child care experience desired; organized camp experience preferred
• Experience in Girl Scout programming, camp counseling and/or leadership techniques desirable
• Ability to use own expertise, talents, skills, and creativity to supplement and enrich camp programming
Camp Cookie is located at 116 Long Entry Road in Chepachet, RI and Camp Rocky Farm is located at 160 Carroll Avenue in Newport, RI. Complete an online summer camp application go to http://www.gssne.org/en/our-council/careers.html Deadline for applications is June 1, 2018. No phone calls please.